Forum of Apache users Forum Index Forum of Apache users
Discussions of software for tuning the Apache web servers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with AllowEncodedSlashes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum of Apache users Forum Index -> General questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riina2504

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Help with AllowEncodedSlashes Reply with quote

Hi,

I work with a piece of software that has a problem when using dso instead of cgi. As a workaround to this problem, using 'AllowEncodedSlashes On' is mentioned, but there are no instructions where/how to put this in the httpd.conf (if it is put there at all). I have found several webpages that explain the usage with a virtual host, but none explain how to apply this on the server level. Could someone, please, help me with this. I know next to nothing about Apache, and haven't been able to figure this out. Sad

I'm using Apache 2.0.59

Thanks!
szimin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe simply place this directive outside of VirtualHost directive...
riina2504

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply!

Did I understand correctly that I can add this anywhere in the file? There is no 'right' place? Just put 'AllowEncodedSlashes On' somewhere as long as it's not within any <VirtualHost> or <Directory> containers?

I think I have tried that several times and it doesn't work for me. How do I know that a directive is working? The server restarts without issues after I change the httpd.conf.

Thanks for your help Smile
szimin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you can add this directive either in server config or in virtualhost.

The AllowEncodedSlashes directive allows URLs which contain encoded path separators (%2F for / and additionally %5C for \ on according systems) to be used. Normally such URLs are refused with a 404 (Not found) error.

Simply try to use such URL's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum of Apache users Forum Index -> General questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: